The following changes have been made to the IIIF Image API Specification, version 1.1.
- Base URI defined. Section 2.2 recommends that this URI returns the image information or redirects to the image information request URI when dereferenced.
- Clarified definition of the prefix segment of the base URI.
- Added @id and @context properties to make image information JSON-LD compatible. The addition of the base URI in the @id property should make it easier for clients to get around XSS/SOP issues when working with IIIF image servers in different domains.
- Image information in XML (http[s]://server/[prefix/]identifier/info.xml) and related schemas have been removed.
- Clarified the definition of scale_factors.
- Removed Error condition XML response. It is recommended that the response body contain human-readable information for development and debugging purposes.
- Re-defined when a 414 error code should be returned. Implementations may add non-normative features that require query parameters, so the previous explanation was not accurate.
- JPEG 2000 format is no longer required for Level 2 compliance.
- Other minor informative clarifications and non-normative corrections were made throughout.