The IIIF A/V Technical Specification Group aims to extend to A/V the benefits of interoperability and the growing ecosystem of clients and servers that IIIF provides for images. The A/V specification group was formed following a workshop hosted by the British Library to gather use cases for extending IIIF to audio and video, and discussion at the 2016 IIIF Conference in New York City. At the Fall 2016 working meeting in The Hague, the group focused on determining an initial set of features. The A/V group welcomes contributions to their collection of audiovisual user stories and mockups and prototypes.
- Chair: Jason Ronallo (North Carolina State University Libraries)
- Communication Channels: Virtual meetings announced on the IIIF-Discuss email list. General discussion on the # av IIIF Slack channel (Join Slack)
- Call Notes and Group Documents: IIIF A/V Tech Spec Group folder
- Regular Call Schedule: Every other week (opposite the general IIIF Community Call) on Tuesdays at 12:00pm Eastern - see IIIF Community Calendar for details
- Call Connection Information: Connect Online at https://bluejeans.com/608386174 or by Phone: +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free) or see international numbers - Enter Meeting ID: 608386174