The 2018 International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) Conference will be held May 21-25 in Washington, DC, co-hosted by the Library of Congress, the Smithsonian Institution, and the Folger Shakespeare Library.
What is IIIF?
Embraced by a growing number of the world’s leading research and cultural heritage organizations, IIIF provides an open framework for organizations to publish their image-based resources, to be viewed, cited, annotated and compared by any compatible image-viewing application.
Who is it for?
This event will be valuable for cultural heritage, STEM institutions, repository and collection managers, software engineers; or for anyone engaged with image-based and soon A/V resources on the Web. If you have not been involved with IIIF in the past this is an opportunity to quickly get up to speed and understand the community and its benefits.
What will I learn?
- How to adopt IIIF at your institution
- Leveraging open source software to get more out of your collection of images and video
- Use cases and best practices from IIIF adopters
- See the latest developments in the community including IIIF A/V
The 2018 conference is generously supported and sponsored by the following:
- Brumfield Labs, creators of FromThePage
- Design for Context
- Luna Imaging Inc
- Digital Library Cloud Services
- Picturae Inc.
If you are interested in sponsoring the 2018 IIIF Conference, please see the sponsorship opportunities and get in touch with email@example.com as soon as possible.
The conference will be made up of lightning talks, presentations and discussion sessions. There is also optional pre-conference Workshops on Monday. The general schedule will be as follows:
- Monday May 21st - Pre Conference workshops hosted by the Smithsonian Institution - Program now Available
- Tuesday May 22nd - IIIF Showcase hosted by the Library of Congress - this requires a separate registration.
- Wednesday May 23rd - IIIF Conference plenary hosted by the Library of Congress and a conference reception at the Smithsonian Castle.
- Thursday May 24th - IIIF Conference parallel sessions hosted by the Library of Congress
- Friday May 25th - IIIF Conference parallel sessions hosted by the Library of Congress
Please also see the full list of accepted presentations.
- Registration: there are two registrtions required; one for the Conference and Pre-conference workshops and one for the Showcase. Entry for both closes on the 4th of May:
- Conference and pre-conference workshops registration - now closed.
- Showcase registration - now closed.
- List of Hotels
- Call for Proposals: is now closed.
- Dates: May 21-25, 2018
- Location: Washington, DC
- $145.00 for IIIF Consortium members
- $295.00 for non members
- Capacity: 400
- Code of Conduct: The IIIF Code of Conduct applies to the conference. The conference Conduct and Safety team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Individual members of the Conduct and Safety team can be recognized by their blue and white striped badge lanyards and can be contacted individually:
- Mark Matienzo (Conduct and Safety Team coordinator) - +1 650 683 5769, email@example.com, or @anarchivist (Twitter and IIIF Slack)
- Glen Robson (IIIF Technical Coordinator) - firstname.lastname@example.org, @glenrobson (Twitter), @glen.robson (IIIF Slack)
- Karen Estlund - email@example.com, @estlundkm (Twitter), @kestlund (IIIF Slack)
- Katherine Lynch - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julien Raemy - email@example.com, @julsraemy (Twitter and IIIF Slack)
- Jack Reed - firstname.lastname@example.org, @mejackreed (Twitter and IIIF Slack)
- Emma Stanford - email@example.com, @e_stanf (Twitter), @emmastanford (IIIF Slack)
- Social Media: Tweets about the event should use #iiif or @iiif_io
Stay tuned to the IIIF-Discuss email list for announcements and updates.