The 2021 IIIF Annual Conference will take place online from June 22-24 and is free to attend.
The event is intended for a wide range of participants, including digital image repository managers, content curators, software developers, scholars, and administrators at libraries, museums, and cultural heritage institutions, software firms, and other organizations working with digital images and audio/visual materials.
This event will include sessions that have been traditionally held at IIIF events, such as a newcomer welcome session, the Community Groups update, a roadmapping session, and presentations and lightning talks from the community.
In response to the lingering effects of the pandemic, it will also include the opportunity to host and attend regionally-focused online meetings aimed at networking and knowledge sharing with local attendees.
- This event is free and open to all attendees
- This event will be held on a platform called Whova. Within 24 hours of registering on Eventbrite, you will receive an email prompting you to create a Whova account.
- All sessions will be in English unless otherwise noted
- All sessions will be recorded and made available following the conference
- Social media hashtags: #IIIF, #IIIF2021, @iiif_io
The IIIF Annual Conference is generously supported by the following Conference Sponsors:
Thanks to the 2021 program committee for their help with this event:
- Dan Brennan, Princeton University
- Alison Harvey, Cardiff University
- Dot Porter, University of Pennsylvania
- Julien Raemy, University of Basel
- Andrija Sagic, Library Milutin Bojic
- Rachel Senese, Georgia State University
IIIF Zoom background
Feel free to download and use IIIF zoom background used by the IIIF-Consortium staff during the conference and beyond. (And thanks to the Art Institute of Chicago for making the source image, Flowering Cherry and Autumn Maples with Poem Slips, available as a public domain download.)
See below for a basic listing of conference sessions. You can search and filter the sessions using the tools to the right of the listings.
To access all the details of the agenda and to add sessions to a customized personal agenda, please register for the conference using the registration link:
Within 24 hours of registering for this event, you will receive an email notifying you that you may set up your Whova account. Once you have created your account on Whova you can add sessions to your personal agenda and calendar.
Please note times below are shown in EDT. To see the times in your timezone please open the agenda in the Whova App or Website. You will need to register above to access the Whova system.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.