The 2021 IIIF Annual Conference will take place online from June 22-24 and is free to attend.
The event is intended for a wide range of participants, including digital image repository managers, content curators, software developers, scholars, and administrators at libraries, museums, and cultural heritage institutions, software firms, and other organizations working with digital images and audio/visual materials.
This event will include sessions that have been traditionally held at IIIF events, such as a newcomer welcome session, the Community Groups update, a roadmapping session, and presentations and lightning talks from the community.
In response to the lingering effects of the pandemic, it will also include the opportunity to host and attend regionally-focused online meetings aimed at networking and knowledge sharing with local attendees.
Call for Program Committee members now open!
The Program Committee will help shape all aspects of the conference, including providing feedback on logistics, reviewing session proposals, and providing support for attendees during the event. If you’re interested in joining the committee to help us plan the event, email us at email@example.com and express your interest by February 12. Committee notifications will be sent out the following week on February 15th.
- February 24: Call for presentations, lightning talks, and regional meetings opens
- March 26: Call for presentations, regional meetings, and lightning talks closes
- March 31: Early registration opens
- April 9: Presentations, regional meetings, and lightning talks notified of acceptance
- April 15: Full registration opens
- June 15: Registration closes
- This event is free and open to all attendees
- All sessions will be in English unless otherwise noted
- All sessions will be recorded and made available following the conference
- Social media hashtags: #IIIF, #IIIF2021, @iiif_io