Do you work with digital images on the web? Join the International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) community the week of 5 June for two exciting events in The Vatican! All event proceedings will be conducted in English. Registration closes on 22 May, 2017.
IIIF Showcase: Unlocking the World’s Digital Images
Join the IIIF community on Tuesday, 6 June in The Vatican, for the IIIF Showcase: Unlocking the World’s Digital Images, a one-day event featuring the basics and benefits of IIIF for both institutions and end users. Embraced by a growing number of the world’s leading research and cultural heritage organizations, IIIF provides an open framework for organizations to publish their image-based resources with reduced cost and time, while simultaneously improving end user experience with a new host of rich and dynamic features such as image manipulation and annotation.
Showcase event topics will include:
- An overview of the IIIF community, APIs, software, and examples of IIIF projects and content
- IIIF benefits for digital image repositories and image providers
- Advanced interactive functionality for researchers, scholars, and other end users
- How to get started with IIIF
- How to join the IIIF community and get involved
Schedule information for the Showcase is available via Sched. This event will be valuable for organizational decision makers, repository and collection managers, software engineers; for cultural heritage or STEM (science / technology / engineering / medicine) institutions; or for anyone engaged with image-based resources on the Web. It is intended for people who have not been involved with IIIF in the past to quickly get up to speed and understand the community and its benefits. Attendance is free, and widespread dissemination of the event is encouraged. Registration is required to ensure that we do not exceed the capacity of the venue.
2017 IIIF Conference
After the Showcase, stay for the 2017 IIIF Conference, Wednesday, 7 June – Friday, 9 June. The 3-day Conference will feature:
- Optional pre-conference meetings on Monday, 5 June for the Mirador and Universal Viewer user groups.
- Lightning talks, demos, and presentations from across the IIIF community
- Reception on Wednesday, 7 June
- On-boarding workshops for implementers and end users
- Parallel sessions featuring tracks for implementers, end users, museums, manuscripts, and text in relation to IIIF
Schedule information for the Conference is available via Sched. The conference will be of interest to anyone working with digital images on the web, including image repository administrators, managers, software developers, technologists, metadata experts, and content curators, scholars and researchers, and software vendors. Registration is required for the Conference.
Thank You to the 2017 IIIF Conference Sponsors:
- The IIIF Consortium
- Cogapp - Silver Sponsor
- Digirati - Silver Sponsor
- Klokan Technologies - Silver Sponsor
- OCLC - Silver Sponsor
- Synaptica - Silver Sponsor
- Zegami - Silver Sponsor
- 4Science - Silver Sponsor
Please see the Call for Sponsors for more information, or to become a sponsor.
For more event information, please see the Vatican event page. Questions? Contact Sheila Rabun, IIIF Community and Communications Officer, at email@example.com.