Call for proposals now open: 2024 IIIF Annual Conference
The 2024 International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) Annual Conference will be held in Los Angeles, California, June 4-7, 2024. The conference will be hosted by The UCLA Library, Getty, and the IIIF Consortium.
The IIIF Conference Program Committee invites proposals for presentation in the following formats:
- 7 minute lightning talks
- 15 minute presentations (plus 5 minutes for Q&A)
- Birds of a Feather sessions (Birds of a Feather sessions are informal discussion groups that will each consider a specific issue or subject. Spaces will be designated for each topic)
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to submit proposals (including but not limited to, race and ethnicity, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, and socio-economic status). Similarly, presentations from a variety of global geographic regions, institution types/sizes, and from local institutions are encouraged. All submitted proposals are peer-reviewed and will be considered for inclusion in the conference schedule by a volunteer program committee. To ensure that the Conference features a wide range of speakers and presentations, we ask that individuals limit their submissions to no more than one.
Please submit a proposal of 300-500 words for your presentation by February 6. In your proposal, please be sure to discuss why this work is important, what new perspectives and knowledge this work offers, and how the work is relevant to the IIIF community. The IIIF Annual Conference has become more competitive in recent years, so be sure to describe your project, method, or approach with sufficient details for readers to understand and evaluate your submission. Submissions should be accompanied by an abstract of no more than 200 words. Abstracts for successful proposals will be shared on the conference program website.
Final versions of the accepted abstracts and presentations will be made openly available after the conference. Submissions are due by February 6, 2024.
We encourage showcasing developments in IIIF and in particular welcome presentations in the following areas:
- Interoperability in IIIF contexts and beyond / Linked Open Usable Data (LOUD)
- Innovative IIIF use cases and implementations, including Audio/Visual, 3D, AI/machine learning, Maps, etc.
- Implementation of IIIF in teaching and learning contexts
- Implementations of IIIF beyond image viewing, including Annotation, Content Search, Aggregation/Discovery, Transcription/OCR, and Accessibility
- Mediating access of IIIF resources, including copyright, ethics/CARE/FAIR principles, and reuse
- Sustainability and the environmental impact of IIIF environments and resources
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.