The 2018 IIIF conference will be held in Washington between May 21st to 25th with support from the Library of Congress, the Smithsonian Institution and the Folger Shakespeare Library. The outline for the conference is similar to previous conferences and is as follows:
- Monday May 21st - Pre Conference workshops hosted by the Smithsonian
- Tuesday May 22nd - IIIF Showcase hosted by the Library of Congress
- Wednesday May 23rd - IIIF Conference plenary hosted by the Library of Congress
- Thursday May 24th and Friday May 25th - IIIF Conference parallel sessions hosted by the Library of Congress
The Washington Planning committee are looking for proposals for talks in the following forms:
- Lightning talks to be given in a plenary session (7 to 10 minutes)
- Presentations (20 minute presentations plus 5 minutes of questions)
- Discussion or Panel Sessions (60 or 90 minute discussions)
Please submit an abstract of no longer than 500 words for your presentation or discussion by Friday the 2nd of March using the conference tool:
Final versions of the accepted abstracts will later be made available on the conference website.
The conference committee has selected the theme of “Utility” for the 2018 conference. How can we improve the utility of existing IIIF guidelines, tools, and applications? We welcome submissions related to the theme and in particular would welcome presentations in the following areas:
- IIIF and archival collections
- IIIF implementations from outside Europe and North America
- IIIF synergies with regional and national ongoing digital libraries, museums and archives initiatives
- IIIF enabled collaboration
- Discovery of IIIF resources
- Audio/Video IIIF implementations
- IIIF content communities (museums, manuscripts, newspapers, archival content, etc.)
- Emerging use cases for IIIF technical specifications
- IIIF-compatible software and experimentation
- Training materials and documentation
If you have any questions please contact the Washington Program Committee iiif-washington [at] googlegroups.com.
IIIF 2018 Conference program committee.