Registration available for Showcase and Conference.
The 2019 International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) Conference will be held in the week of the 24th to 28th of June in Göttingen, hosted by the University of Göttingen / Göttingen State and University Library. The Conference is intended for a wide range of participants and interested parties, including digital image repository managers, content curators, software developers, scholars, and administrators at libraries, museums, cultural heritage institutions, software firms, and other organizations working with digital images and audio/visual materials.
All event proceedings will be in English unless otherwise noted.
The conference schedule is below.
- Monday 24th of June - Showcase
- Tuesday 25th of June - Workshops
- Wednesday 26th of June - Plenary session including lightning talks
- Thursday 27th and Friday 28th of June - Parallel sessions
We will wrap up at 12:30pm on Friday the 28th of June.
- Registration available on Eventbrite.
- Dates: 24th to 28th of June 2019.
- Location: Göttingen, Germany
- IIIF Consortium Member €195.00
- Non-IIIF Consortium Member €295.00
- Capacity: 270
- Code of Conduct: The IIIF Code of Conduct applies
- Social Media: Tweets about the event should use #iiif or @iiif_io
- Slack channel: #göttingen-social
- This is part of the IIIF Slack and can be used to discuss travel plans and social activities during the conference. You can register for the IIIF slack here.
- List of hotels and event locations
- Flights: The local planning team recommends that attendees traveling by air fly to Frankfurt International (FRA). From there, take a train to Göttingen (one direct connection every hour; takes about 1hr45mins). If possible, avoid flying into Hannover (HAJ), since the train connection from there will be compromised by railroad construction starting in June. See below for train advice from Frankfurt airport.
- Domestic travel: Take a train to Göttingen. Please note, express trains with Deutsche Bahn from Frankfurt(M)Flughafen (Frankfurt Airport) to Göttingen are less expensive when booked in advance (called “Savings fares” from 29,90 EUR), but are valid only for the connection you choose when buying; standard fares are much more flexible (called “Flexpreis”, from 69 EUR) and allow you to take any train.
Stay tuned to the IIIF-Discuss email list for announcements and updates.
Both the IIIF Göttingen Conference and the IIIF Showcase are generously supported by the following Conference Sponsors: