Presentation type: Lightning talkAbstract:
In the context of the Towards IIIF-Compliance Knowledge in Switzerland (TICKS) project conducted at the Haute école de gestion de Genève, a technical-oriented white paper for Swiss institutions will soon be published. This white paper, called "Suggested measures for deploying IIIF in the Swiss cultural heritage", is based on several use-cases and gives tips as well as step-by-step recommendations on which software to deploy or which Community Groups to contact.
For instance, some of the case studies that have been selected are:
- A platform of digital surrogates wishing to comply with IIIF
- A scholar keen on creating its own IIIF Manifests
- IIIF at the heart of a rich navigation experience for newspapers
- Dissemination of audiovisual resources through IIIF
This lighthing talk will aim to show the most important results of the TICKS project, provide information on how to better promote IIIF implementation. The presentation will also consider how the white paper can be maintained and improved with the help of the wider IIIF community and how it could be transferred to other scientific communities or regions of the world.
- Audio/Visual use cases for IIIF,
- IIIF Implementation Spectrum: large-scale or small-scale projects,
- IIIF communities (3D, archives, museums, manuscripts, newspapers, etc.)
- Implementation guide,
- Best practices,
- White paper,
- User Stories