Presentation type: WorkshopAbstract:
The UV Workshop is divided into two sessions. The first will showcase recent developments, including:
- The establishment of a Steering Committee for
the Universal Viewer
- The IIIF AV support for the British Library’s Save our
- A look at the British Library’s recent user testing
- Progress on IIIF-Commons libraries and components
- An exciting new 3D extension built in collaboration with https://morphosource.org
We will introduce the UV’s possible roadmap for the next 12 months, such as the British Library’s UV Phase 3 project, support for more display of textual content and other annotations, OCR, and geolocation enhancements. If you have questions and/or suggestions for the UV’s directions, bring them along!
After the break we’ll split into two parts.
- One session will continue to look at the user experience of the Universal Viewer in more depth, and dig into usage scenarios and the roadmap.
- The other session will be a round-table developer session, hands-on at times, for answering technical questions and exploring the potential for reusable code libraries.
- Annotation, including full-text or academic use cases,
- Audio/Visual use cases for IIIF,
- IIIF communities (3D, archives, museums, manuscripts, newspapers, etc.)
- universal viewer,
- web components,