The 2023 International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) Annual Conference will be held in Naples, Italy, June 5–8, 2023, and will be hosted jointly by the University of Naples Federico II and the IIIF Consortium.
This event is intended for a wide range of participants and interested parties, including digital image repository managers, content curators, software developers, scholars, and administrators at libraries, museums, cultural heritage institutions, software firms, and other organizations working with digital images and audio/visual materials.
The event includes a free showcase meant to introduce newcomers to IIIF, and those seeking to learn how IIIF is used in a variety of contexts. The conference features plenary presentations and sessions about IIIF implementations around the world, including cutting edge use cases and demonstrations.
This event is guided by the IIIF Code of Conduct.
- Location: Naples, Italy (see locations below)
- IIIF Showcase: June 5, 2023
- Workshops and meetings: June 6, 2023
- Conference: June 7-8, 2023
- Registration for the IIIF showcase is free.
- Costs for the conference will be €480 for a general ticket, €230 for a consortium members ticket, and €125 for students. Registration closes May 16, 2023.
- Language: All event proceedings will be in English unless otherwise noted.
- Covid-19: Precautions will align with CDC and WHO recommendations and the requirements of the host institutions.
- Please see the travel and hotel page for more details on pre-arranged rates.
- See the conference schedule page for the current outline schedule for the conference, the showcase page for the Showcase schedule, and the workshops page for the schedule of optional pre-conference workshops.
Thank you to the 2023 Program committee:
- Rossitza Atanassova
- Ben Bakelaar
- Dan Brennan
- Dawn Childress
- Martin Critelli
- Gennaro Ferrante
- Nuno Freire
- Raffaele Messuti
- Caitlin Perry
- Julien A. Raemy
- Glen Robson
Local planning committee
Thank you to the 2023 local planning committee:
- Gennaro Ferrante
- Serena Picarelli
- Chiara Fusco
- Pierfrancesco Valentini di Castromediano
The IIIF Annual Conference is generously supported by the following Conference Sponsors:
Showcase - 6/5
Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II - Chiesa dei Santi Marcellino e Festo
Largo S. Marcellino, 10, 80138 Napoli NA, Italy
Workshops - 6/6
Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II - Dipartimento di Studi Umanistici
Via Porta di Massa, 1, 80133 Napoli NA, Italy
Conference - 6/7 and 6/8
Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II - Scuola Politecnica e delle Scienze di Base - Complesso Napoli Est
Corso Nicolangelo Protopisani, 70, 80146 Napoli NA, Italy
Reception - 6/7
Via Castello, 14, 80070 Bacoli NA, Italy
Buses will take reception attendees from the Conference directly to Villa Ferretti. Following the receptions, buses will return to University Center (Umberto I, 40, 80138 Napoli NA).
Reach out to us at email@example.com.