The 2023 International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) Annual Conference will be held in Naples, Italy, June 5–8, 2023, and will be hosted jointly by the University of Naples Federico II and the IIIF Consortium.
This event is intended for a wide range of participants and interested parties, including digital image repository managers, content curators, software developers, scholars, and administrators at libraries, museums, cultural heritage institutions, software firms, and other organizations working with digital images and audio/visual materials.
The event includes a free showcase meant to introduce newcomers to IIIF, and those seeking to learn how IIIF is used in a variety of contexts. The conference features plenary presentations and sessions about IIIF implementations around the world, including cutting edge use cases and demonstrations.
This event is guided by the IIIF Code of Conduct.
- Location: Naples, Italy (see locations below)
- IIIF Showcase: June 5, 2023
- Workshops and meetings: June 6, 2023
- Conference: June 7-8, 2023
- Registration for the IIIF showcase is free.
- Costs for the conference will be €480 for a general ticket, €230 for a consortium members ticket
- Language: All event proceedings will be in English unless otherwise noted.
- Covid-19: Precautions will align with CDC and WHO recommendations and the requirements of the host institutions. As the global situation continues to rapidly change, we will have more details available as we get closer to the event dates.
- Please register for Conference and/or the Showcase using Conftool. Payment must be submitted following your registration via Paypal using a credit card number, or via check. You can register here.
- Please see the travel and hotel page for more details on pre-arranged rates.
Note: the lowest rates expire January 31, so book soon if you intend on joining us in Naples!
- See the schedule page for the current outline schedule for the conference, as well as the workshops page for the schedule of optional pre-conference workshops.
Thank you to the 2023 Program committee:
- Rossitza Atanassova
- Ben Bakelaar
- Dan Brennan
- Dawn Childress
- Martin Critelli
- Gennaro Ferrante
- Nuno Freire
- Raffaele Messuti
- Caitlin Perry
- Julien A. Raemy
- Glen Robson
Local planning committee
Thank you to the 2023 local planning committee:
- Gennaro Ferrante
- Serena Picarelli
- Chiara Fusco
- Pierfrancesco Valentini di Castromediano
We are offering sponsorship for the 2023 IIIF conference and the benefits and costs can be seen on the sponsorship page. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor please contact email@example.com.
The IIIF Annual Conference is generously supported by the following Conference Sponsors:
Showcase - 6/5
Largo S. Marcellino, 10, 80138 Napoli NA, Italy
Workshops - 6/6
Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II
Via Porta di Massa, 1, 80133 Napoli NA, Italy
Conference - 6/7 and 6/8
Apple Developer Academy
Corso Nicolangelo Protopisani, 70, 80146 Napoli NA, Italy
Reception - 6/7
Via Castello, 14, 80070 Bacoli NA, Italy
Buses will take reception attendees from the Conference directly to Villa Ferretti. Following the receptions, buses will return to University Center (Umberto I, 40, 80138 Napoli NA).
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.