The 2020 IIIF conference will be held in Boston, MA June 1-4. The conference will be co-hosted by Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
Further details on the conference can be found at:
The IIIF Conference Program Committee are looking for proposals for talks in the following forms:
- Up to a ½ day workshop (4 hours)
- 7 to 10 minute lightning talks
- 15-20 minute presentations (plus 5-10 mins questions)
- 90 minute open block (Could be panel session or grouped presentations)
As with all IIIF events, the IIIF Code of Conduct will apply to this event. Only panel sessions that have a diverse set of panelists will be considered, with representation along many possible dimensions, including but not limited to race and ethnicity, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, and socio-economic status. Similarly, representation from a variety of geographic regions or institution type/size will be prioritized.
All submitted proposals are peer-reviewed and will be considered for inclusion in the conference schedule by a volunteer program committee.
Please submit an abstract of no longer than 500 words for your presentation or discussion by February 3 using this form:
Final versions of the accepted abstracts and presentations will be made openly available after the conference.
We encourage showcasing developments in IIIF and in particular would welcome presentations in the following areas:
- IIIF Implementation Spectrum: large-scale or small-scale projects
- Interoperability in IIIF contexts and beyond
- IIIF Audio/Visual use cases and implementations
- Teaching and learning examples and best practices using IIIF resources
- Implementations of IIIF outside of North America/Europe
- Annotation, including full-text or academic use cases
- Discovering IIIF resources
- IIIF communities (3D, archives, museums, manuscripts, newspapers, etc.)
- Linked Open “Usable” Data (LOUD) and IIIF
- Using IIIF material for Machine Learning and AI
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 2020 IIIF Conference Program Committee