All full members of the IIIF Consortium are eligible to stand in the October 2021 elections for to one of 11 Executive Committee seats. Please send nominations, including self-nominations, to Josh Hadro, managing director of the IIIF Consortium and Michael A. Keller, chair of the IIIF Consortium and its Executive Committee by 15 September 2021.
Under the terms of our “Next Steps”, agreed on in April 2018, 11 of 13 members of the Executive Committee have expiring terms this year. IIIF-C will conduct an election in October 2021 to elect 11 institutions to the Executive Committee for one-, two-, or three-year terms, from among the full membership of the consortium.
All members of the IIIF Executive Committee are eligible to stand for re-election. The J. Paul Getty Trust and Europeana were re-elected last year, and will continue to serve on the Executive Committee for two more years.
Among the 11 elected institutions, those getting the four highest votes in October will serve three-year terms. Those institutions getting the next three highest votes will serve two-year terms. Those institutions getting the four least votes will serve a one-year term. In this way, staggered terms will result and all elections following would be for three year terms. Please see the table that follows the schedule of elections in the coming years.
The election will be held in October of 2021 and each October for the succeeding years. Elected institutions will take their seats on 1 January of the year following the election.
As we enter this most significant election, the IIIF Consortium wishes to offer praise for and admiration of the institutions and their representatives on the Executive Committee over these past years. These are:
- Bayerisches Staatsbibliothek (Klaus Ceynowa, Markus Brantl)
- Bibliothèque nationale de France (Arnaud Beaufort and Emmanuelle Bermès*)
- The British Library (Neil Fitzgerald*)
- Cornell University Library (Gerald R. Beasley, Simeon Warner)
- Europeana Foundation (Harry Verwayen, Antoine Isaac)
- Ithaka (Piotr Adamczyk)
- The J. Paul Getty Trust (Rich Fagen*)
- National Library of Norway (Aslak Sira Myhre)
- University of Oxford (Richard Ovenden, Judith Siefring)
- Princeton University Library (Anne E. Jarvis, Jon Stroop)
- The Wellcome Trust (Christy Henshaw, Tom Scott)
- Yale University (EC Schroeder, Michael Appleby, Emmanuelle Delmas-Glass*)
- Stanford University Libraries (Tom Cramer, Michael Keller*)
*= members of the Operating Committee, a sub-committee of the Executive Committee
Table of elections and seats for members of the IIIF Consortium Executive Committee
|total # of seats||13||13||13||13||13||13|
|# of seats for ballot||2||11||4||5||4||4|
|Seats for ballot||2 members elected in 2018||11 founding members||4 members elected in 2021||2 members elected in 2020 +3 elected in 2021||4 members elected in 2021||4 members elected in 2022|