Call for proposals: IIIF 2023 Annual Conference
The 2023 IIIF Annual Conference will be held in Naples, Italy, June 5-8, 2023. The conference will be jointly hosted by the University of Naples Federico II and the IIIF Consortium.
The IIIF Conference Program Committee invites proposals for presentation in the following formats:
- Up to a ½ day workshop (4 hours)
- 7 to 10 minute lightning talks
- 15-20 minute presentations (plus 5-10 mins questions)
- 90 minute open block (Could be panel session or grouped presentations)
Only panel sessions that have a diverse set of panelists will be considered, with representation along many possible dimensions, including but not limited to, race and ethnicity, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, and socio-economic status. Similarly, representation from a variety of geographic regions or institution type/size will be prioritized. All submitted proposals are peer-reviewed and will be considered for inclusion in the conference schedule by a volunteer program committee.
Please submit a proposal of no longer than 500 words for your presentation by February 6. In your proposal, please be sure to discuss how your presentation is relevant to IIIF, its contribution to the IIIF Community, and whether it is directed toward a technical or general audience. To ensure that the Conference features a wide range of speakers and presentations, we ask that individuals limit their submissions to no more than two:
Final versions of the accepted abstracts and presentations will be made openly available after the conference.
We encourage showcasing developments in IIIF and in particular would welcome presentations in the following areas:
- Interoperability in IIIF contexts and beyond / Linked Open Usable Data (LOUD)
- Innovative IIIF use cases and implementations, including Audio/Visual, 3D, AI/machine learning, etc.
- Teaching and learning examples and best practices using IIIF resources
- Implementations of IIIF outside of North America/Europe
- Beyond “deep zoom”: Annotation, including full-text or academic use cases
- Discovering IIIF resources
- Sustainability and preservation in IIIF contexts
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.