The IIIF Community Group for Education represents educators, educational institutions, and cultural heritage institutions with educational functions as a sector with a coherent set of interests for consideration in the development of IIIF standards and related technologies. IIIF originated in the GLAM sector, so it is not unexpected that its uptake in educational institutions has lagged behind those of cultural heritage content providers. The Community Group for Education seeks to address that gap and to help leverage capacities of the broader IIIF community to meet the many and particular needs of what is likely to be the largest and most engaged audience for IIIF content. Representing numerous complex and collaborative scenarios, education offers growth potential in future generations.
- Christopher Gilman (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Lise Foket (Ghent University)
- Ben Johnston (Princeton University)
- Online Zoom calls on the first Tuesday of every month at 8:00am Pacific, 11:00am Eastern, 4:00pm GMT, 5:00 CET. See IIIF Community Calendar for details
- Virtual meetings announced on the IIIF-Discuss email list
- General discussion on the #iiif-in-the-classroom IIIF Slack channel
Call notes and group documents: