2018 Washington conference submission
The uptake of IIIF in Switzerland and the current state of TICKS: building a IIIF-alignment outreach programme
Julien A. Raemy - HES-SO University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Haute école de gestion de Genève (Switzerland)
Abstract: Towards IIIF-Compliance Knowledge in Switzerland (TICKS) is a one-year project coordinated at the Haute école de gestion de Genève (HEG-GE) which wants to address the issue of raising awareness and knowledge of IIIF, especially within Swiss institutions in the cultural heritage field.
It has been conceived to help Swiss institutions in implementing IIIF-conform solutions and exposing their digital collections in a more flexible, sustainable and interoperable manner through APIs.
The following objectives have been considered:
- Reviewing the existing technology stacks and deployed APIs in the cultural heritage field in Switzerland
- Performing a needs assessment and a gap analysis by means of surveys and interviews
- Writing a technical white paper which includes a requirements analysis and a set of recommendations
- Designing and conducting a IIIF-alignment outreach programme with hands-on workshops and a hackathon
The presentation will give an overview of the project and its current state.
Presentation type: 20 minute presentations (plus 5 mins questions)
- IIIF synergies with regional and national ongoing digital libraries, museums and archives initiatives,
- IIIF enabled collaboration,
- IIIF content communities (museums, manuscripts, newspapers, archival content, etc.)
- IIIF in Switzerland,
- White paper,
- Needs assessment