The 2022 International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) Annual Conference will be held in Cambridge, MA, USA June 6–8, 2022, and will be hosted jointly by Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) along with the IIIF Consortium.
This event is intended for a wide range of participants and interested parties, including digital image repository managers, content curators, software developers, scholars, and administrators at libraries, museums, cultural heritage institutions, software firms, and other organizations working with digital images and audio/visual materials.
The event includes a free showcase meant to introduce newcomers to IIIF, and those seeking to learn how IIIF is used in a variety of contexts. The conference features plenary presentations and sessions about IIIF implementations around the world, including cutting edge use cases and demonstrations. Online workshops will offer more in-depth opportunities to learn about IIIF tools and platforms, and will be held the weeks before and after the event.
This event is guided by the IIIF Code of Conduct.
- Location: Cambridge, MA, USA (See map below for venue locations and more)
- IIIF Showcase: Building 10 Room 250, MIT campus (June 6, 2022)
- Conference: Boylston Hall 110-Fong Auditorium, Harvard campus (June 7-8, 2022)
- Registration for the IIIF showcase is free.
- Registration for the conference is $375 for a general ticket, $240 for a consortium members ticket, and $100 for a student/discount ticket.
- Language: All event proceedings will be in English unless otherwise noted.
- Covid-19: Precautions will align with CDC recommendations and the requirements of the host institutions. Attendees must show proof of vaccination. Receptions will be held at outdoor locations for increased safety. As the global situation continues to rapidly change, we will have more details available as we get closer to the event dates.
- Please see the travel and hotel page for more details.
- See the schedule page for the current outline schedule for the conference.
Thank you to the 2022 Program committee:
- Sheila McAlister (University of Georgia)
- Dawn Childress (UCLA)
- Nuno Freire (Europeana)
- Chip Goines (Harvard University)
- Stace Maples (Stanford University)
- Andrija Sagic (Library Milutin Bojic)
- Andrew Weidner (University of Houston)
Thank you to the 2022 local planning committee:
- David Nunez (MIT)
- Rashmi Singhal (Harvard University)
- Stu Snydman (Harvard University)
The IIIF Annual Conference is generously supported by the following Conference Sponsors:
Reach out to us at email@example.com.
- June 6, IIIF Showcase: Building 10 Room 250, MIT campus
- June 7-8, Main Conference: Boylston Hall 110-Fong Auditorium, Harvard campus